Catholic Ireland was waning even in 1979
In 1972, we voted to remove the special position of the Catholic Church from the Constitution. Now it’s time for Leo Varadkar, and a new generation of politicians, to stand up for the abused and the independence of the state
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive