Britain's very modern civil war
After two years of Brexit debate, the only outcome is a savage destruction of a modern country by its own citizens and rulers
We are witnessing the most uncivil ‘civil war’ raging across the UK 24/7. It’s a very modern war, played out in public and in organised phases, with built-in deadlines and plenty of jargon. But it’s war nonetheless; entrenched positions, little common ground and a whole lot of pride at stake.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.