Armistice Day events highlight the need for UN reform
It is only right that we recognise and mourn those who died in World War I and that we expound in the clearest terms the futility of war. The Armistice Day events in France earlier this month served as a powerful reminder that we as individuals, and collectively both as a nation and as citizens of the world, have a duty and responsibility to do all that we can to persuade others of the senselessness of war. As a nation we need to demonstrate this through our actions, and through the causes and political regimes we choose to support and those we choose to shun.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive