We’re hiring: The Business Post is seeking a senior business reporter
The successful candidate will produce news, features and analysis for the Business Post’s curious, savvy and engaged readers throughout the week
The Business Post Group is a diversified media group with a strong technology, data, digital and experience-driven portfolio of businesses.
The flagship brand of the Business Post sits at the centre of the group and has a 30+ year track record as Ireland’s leading niche business, politics, economics and current affairs national news title.
The company now wishes to recruit a senior business reporter.
Reporting to the business editor, the successful candidate will produce news, features and analysis for the Business Post’s curious, savvy and engaged readers throughout the week.
The successful candidate should:
* Have at least five years reporting experience in a national newspaper, news website or broadcaster, with experience of business reporting an advantage
* Have a thorough and evolving knowledge of the key players, trends and companies within Irish business, and of the trends shaping business internationally
* Have a keen eye for accuracy and quality, and an up to date working knowledge of Irish defamation law
* Be experienced in online news publishing, the production of newsletters, podcasts and vodcasts
* Be able to work in a team, and be ready to assist the business editor to develop and nurture talent within the newsroom
* Be willing to represent the Business Post on radio and TV, as well as at key events
* Be comfortable deputising for the Business Editor in their absence
* Have the desire and ability to continually improve the brand’s business coverage, seeking out the stories and interviews that will keep the Business Post’s readers fully informed on all aspects of Irish business.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wishes to take their media career to the next level with a premium brand. The role is full time and permanent, and will involve some shift and weekend work.
To apply, please forward a cover letter explaining why you feel you are a good fit for this role, and a copy of your CV, to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday April 17. Please put the words “Senior Business Reporter Role” in the subject line of your email.