The Verdict: Study Harder
In which an Oxford-educated Harvard Law hopeful learns that you can’t sue your university for a first - you have to earn it
When it comes to exams, it is usually the students who are the nervous ones, but in future it may be their lecturers who have more to worry about. Certainly, that would have been the case if a groundbreaking legal action taken by Faiz Siddiqui had succeeded. Siddiqui, who studied history at Brasenose College, sued Oxford University for at least £1 million because, when he graduated in 2000, he was not awarded a first class honours degree but had to settle for a mere 2:1.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive