Panic and chaos in Las Vegas
In retrospect, a catastrophic event in Sin City seems as inevitable as it was unpreventable
The biggest mass shooting in modern US history render the above lyrics from the song Sin City, written almost 50 years ago by country music icons Gram Parsons and Chris Hillman eerily prophetic. The jagged holes in the Mandalay Bay Hotel’s gold-tinted exterior, the boarded-up windows on the 32nd floor, and the yellow crime scene tape that rings its main entrance tell a chilling story of murder and mayhem.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.