Shannon Foynes ports activity worth €1.9 billion a year
Company chief says road and rail moves key to future plans
A consultant's report has found that trade worth €7.6 billion a year takes place at ports managed by Shannon Foynes Port Company (SFPC). This is worth €1.9 billion a year to the economy, according to the economic impact assessment (EIA) compiled by W2 Consulting.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive