Revealed: How vulture funds paid €20k in tax on assets of €20bn
State has lost out on between €250 million and €350 million a year in tax revenues since 2014
The scale and scope of tax avoidance by vulture funds is now becoming apparent with new data showing 24 Irish subsidiaries of funds paid less than €20,000 of corporation tax in total despite controlling distressed property assets of almost €20 billion.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.