New ECB chief will be in populist crosshairs
Picking the next ECB head is part of a major reshuffle
The European Central Bank is preparing for a new president with the economic and political challenges that have dogged Mario Draghi’s eight years in charge far from resolved.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive