New cross-city Luas doubles bus journey times in Dublin
Durations of some commutes have spiked by up to 110 per cent
Internal analysis by Dublin City Council (DCC) shows that bus journey times have exploded by up to 110 per cent following the launch of the Luas Cross City last month, with buses now crawling through the city centre at just 1.7 kilometres per hour.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive