Nama’s €3 billion profit may go to rainy day fund
Sources say Nama windfall due in 2020 not subject to same fiscal rules as sale of state’s AIB stake
The government is considering plans to replenish the state’s “rainy day fund” with Nama’s anticipated multi- billion euro profit.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive