Google gets record €2.4 billion EU fine for skewing searches
The search-engine giant has 90 days to give equal treatment to rival sites
Google lost its biggest regulatory battle yet, getting a record €2.4 billion fine from the European Union's competition watchdog which says the search-engine giant skewed results to thwart smaller shopping search services.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.