Paschal Donohue to tackle €2.7bn car debt crisis
Finance minister to meet Central Bank and consumer watchdog to discuss "right regulatory framework"
Minister for Finance Paschal Donohoe has pledged to regulate the personal contract plans which have been used by 126,000 drivers to get new cars.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive