Comey says he wrote detailed memos fearing Trump would lie
Ousted FBI chief started making notes after meeting Trump in New York two weeks before inauguration
Ousted FBI chief James Comey called Donald Trump’s shifting explanations for firing him "lies, plain and simple" - and said he wrote detailed memos of their conversations fearing the president would paint a false picture of their encounters.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive