Banks must do more to win back trust
Bonuses may be on the way back, but the public believes the banks have yet to atone for the past
It was revealed last week in correspondence between the outgoing governor of the Central Bank, Philip Lane, and Minister for Finance Paschal Donohoe that the bank is now open to the idea of removing barriers to bonus awards within Irish banks.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.