To try, buy and put by
While Catalan nationalism may be somewhat stalled at the moment, in the sphere of wine the rise of a Catalan sensibility is continuing at breakneck speed. In sparkling wine there will soon be a Cava Plus DO, rivalling Champagne, and in the high mountains of northern Catalonia the wines are becoming more savoury, polished and august, throwing off their rustic and spicy Spanish past. Here, we find garnacha blending beautifully with cabernet franc and syrah to offer a supple, ripe and polished wine that offers spice hints with an overlay of serious-minded fruit and silky tannins. Delicious.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.