To try, buy and put by
The Pohl family from Germany acquired this winery in 1997, when Professor Reinfried Pohl was one of the wealthiest businessmen in the country and a serial entrepreneur. He encouraged the winery to explore the best modern techniques, and to work unrestricted by history. This led them to plant and harvest syrah, and to treat local white varieties as if they were Burgundian vines. Money was lavished; hand-harvesting, new oak and extended ageing on lees were all utilised; and the result is a delicious, creamy, nutty-edged Burgundian style white wine of focused ambition.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.