Maeve Higgins in America, Taste of Cavan and and 2001: A Space Odyssey at the IFI
Here’s a chance to witness one of cinema’s crowning achievements in the ultimate format. The IFI is the only cinema in the country equipped to show 70mm film and, from Friday, it’ll be putting that projector to good use with a print of Stanley Kubrick’s 2001: A Space Odyssey, which is now 50 years old. The massive rolls of 70mm film offer the best quality picture and sound, and the screen shimmers with life as 24 images flick past your eye each second. If you’ve yet to check this masterpiece off your watchlist, you won’t get a better opportunity – it’s as pure a cinematic experience as you’ll ever find. There’s one screening each day from Friday, August 10 to Thursday, August 16. Book tickets at ifi.ie.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive