Theatre: Galway company should step away from the script
This shallow, sophomoric text confuses titillation with a genuine examination of the subject
The Open Couple starts with Mr Murphy trying to dissuade his wife, Antonia, from attempting suicide. Murphy wants an open marriage, and claims that “faithfulness is uncivilised”. He has embarked on a string of affairs and has introduced his new lovers to his wife.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive