The Intelligence Paradox
Dr Dean Burnett explains why clever people can often come out the loser in arguments
One of the most infuriating experiences possible is arguing with someone who’s convinced they’re right when you know full well that they’re wrong, and can prove them wrong with facts and logic, but still they won’t budge. I once witnessed a blazing row between two people, one of whom was adamant that this is the 20th century, not the 21st, because “It’s 2015! Duh!” That was their actual argument.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive