Summer loving in Mazda’s new MX-5
The updated open-top will make you long for a return of the sunshine, writes Shane O’Donoghue
Ireland has not traditionally been a happy hunting ground for car makers selling open-topped vehicles: hardly surprising given our geographic position in the Atlantic and the resulting weather. However, I do wonder if the exceptionally warm, dry summer we’ve just had will encourage more buyers to opt for a convertible. After all, there is nothing quite as invigorating as a blast through the countryside in a sports car with its roof down, bringing you closer to the sounds and smells of the land.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.