On the road, don’t be distracted from what’s important
New laws and rules won’t prevent people from being killed on our roads - only genuine behavioural change will
Tomorrow, it will be a year since my cousin, Donal O’Brien, lost his life after being hit by a car while out cycling. It was a bright, clear day and he was wearing high visibility clothing. The driver was not inexperienced, not under the influence of alcohol and not using a mobile phone. Neither was she speeding. Her car was in good condition and so was the road.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.