Report suggests British car imports have found exchange rate ceiling
Exchange rates not usually a major concern for car importers
New research by vehicle history expert, Cartell.ie, reveals that the correlation between the sterling-euro exchange rate and the number of used car imports to Ireland from Britain is not as strong as expected. Cartell.ie compiled exchange rate and import data for a 90-month period, spanning January 2008 to June 2015.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.