Picture perfect: an insightful look at visuality
Non-fiction: How To See The World. By Nicholas Mirzoeff. Pelican Books, €12.
If you go to Google Images and type in “blue marble”, you won’t be confronted with any pictures of kids playing marbles with azure orbs. Nor will you see images of, say, large slabs of blue marble utilised in the construction of a rich person’s expensive bathroom(s). Instead, you get lots and lots of snaps of Planet Earth.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive