New Fiat 500X crossover prioritises petrol power
The Italian giant has had a decent go at scaling up the charm factor for its new 500, writes Dave Humphreys
Travel to any large town or city in Europe, and it won’t be long before you see a colourful ‘Cinquecento’ driving by. The 500 is a car that has been an extraordinary success for Fiat, coming at just the right time for the company. While it isn’t so easy to scale up the cute supermini charm for a range of larger models, Fiat has made a decent go of it with the 500 brand. Arguably to the detriment of the rest of its model range.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.