Nature and nurture collide in bitter frontier family saga
At the Edge of the Orchard; By Tracy Chevalier; Borough Press, €17.25
But I couldn’t help thinking of it when reading Tracy Chevalier’s new novel, the story of a 19th century American family whose lives are dominated by the growing, planting and collecting of trees and plants.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive