Nadine O'Regan: Artistic licence
Digital age means life echoes through the ether
I never knew Cathriona White, but when I heard the Tipperary woman had died tragically last week, possibly by suicide, I did what many other people did. I googled her. I found her Twitter page. I looked at her Instagram feed. I saw her moments of happiness, hiking up hills, making funny faces, laughing at her bad hair days in wry selfies. And then I paused when I saw her final, incredibly sad post on Twitter, which simply read: “Signing off Twitter, I hope I have been a light to my nearest and dearest.”
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.