Is the new Astra out of this world?
The Ford Focus and VW Golf have a big rival on their hands in the shape of the all-new Opel Astra
A while ago, I marvelled at the operation of the automatic headlights in a Mercedes-Benz S-Class as I negotiated the back roads of West Cork in the midst of winter. Not only did the car sense dusk and switch the lights on, but they also had the ability to automatically toggle between full beam and dipped beam as oncoming traffic was detected. Everyone I demonstrated this technology to agreed that it was indeed science fiction coming to life.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.