Designs on an urban canvas
Lisa Ryder takes graffiti and surrealist art as inspiration for her distinctive prints on leather bags, writes Fiona Ness
If designer Charles Rennie Mackintosh were alive today, he’d have something to say about it: the fact that when textile print designer Lisa Ryder studied at Glasgow School of Art, she wasn’t based in the iconic ‘Mackintosh Building’ he designed for the school on Renfrew Street, but across the road in a 1970s-type office block.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.