Designing a winner: Kilkenny Shop’s Open Call initiative
Jessie Collins talks to the successful applicants about their burgeoning businesses
Working out of Calliaghstown in Co Kildare, Bristol-born Sam Hutchings and Nessa Doran O’Reilly originally met in London while pursuing their passion for furniture making and restoration. Moving to Ireland, they knew they wanted to work with local materials. While starting out with bespoke large-scale commissions, they realised the off-cuts could be put to great use, so their range of functional, fun chopping boards was born.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.