Celebrating 60 glorious years of the Mini by reinventing it
The super-cute car of the Swinging Sixties, far from slowing down, is powering into the future
This year, it’s the 60th anniversary of the Mini, one of the most iconic cars ever created. Back in 1959, its tiny frame was incredibly space-efficient thanks to the adoption of front-wheel drive and an engine mounted transversely under the bonnet. That meant the rest of the car could be used for people and luggage. It was a revelation at the time and undoubtedly influenced car design and development ever since.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.