Can business users lead the electric car charge?
Take-up of EVs appears to be on the rise in this country, but they are a long way off dominating the market, to put it mildly
As we approach the second half of the year, there are minute signs that take-up of electric vehicles (EVs) in Ireland is on the increase, but there’s a long way to go yet. To the end of last month, some 424 purely electric cars were registered in 2018, which is still only 0.53 per cent of the market.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive