Blood-soaked history of ‘a hell of a drug’
Non-FICTION: Zero Zero Zero. By Roberto Saviano. Translated by Virginia Jewiss. Allen Lane, €20.
To borrow the excitable words of George Galloway’s tribute to Saddam Hussein, there is little option but to salute Roberto Saviano’s courage, his strength, his indefatigability. Nine years ago, he went under armed police guard after receiving multiple death threats from the Neapolitan Mafia, whose leading figures he had exposed in his best-selling book Gomorrah. He remains under carabinieri protection to this day.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive