Baby BMW is all grown up
BMW’s smallest convertible has a new name and even more appeal, writes Shane O’Donoghue
Apparently the BMW 1 Series Convertible was the world’s most popular compact premium convertible, with 130,000 cars finding homes since it was introduced in 2008. Now there’s a new one. Kind of. By way of explanation, the 1 Series Coupé and Convertible have been upgraded in terms of status and number to better fit in with BMW’s model naming plans, so the 1 Series Convertible is being replaced this month by the all-new 2 Series Convertible – and that’s the car we’re testing here, at its international launch in the United States.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.