Alsace embraces its Grand Cru soul
Recent changes to wine labelling rules have persuaded top-class Alsace wine producers to embrace the Grand Cru classification
After decades of resistance by many of the leading producers in Alsace, two pillars of Alsace wine, Maison Trimbach and Maison Hugel, have finally given in and accepted the honour being presented to them by the French authorities.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.