“The big music” is a term you don’t hear much any more in pop discourse, but for a little while in the mid-1980s it issued forth regularly from the lips of ambitious talkers like Mike Scott and (of course) Bono as a signifier for grandiose pop-rock projected right to the back row of the stadium. It also played a hand in ruining Simple Minds as a world-class pop band.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.