A chilling tale of conformity in small-town America
Fiction: . Weightless. By Sarah Bannan. Bloomsbury, €17. Reviewed by Sara Keating
Carolyn Lessing is the new girl in Adamsville, a small Christian town in Alabama, where everyone has known each other since childhood. Indeed, there hasn’t been a single new girl in the lifetime of the group of adolescents who narrate this chilling tale of bullying in the 21st century.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.