Upgrading your buy-to-let pays rental dividends
Landlords who scrimp on furniture and fittings to make savings could lose money in the long run.
Investing in an upgrade is more advisable for some at a time when those wanting a buy-to-let are searching-out bargains ahead of the end-of-year deadline for the Capital Gains Tax waiver. The advice also comes as some investors seek to beat the threat of a possible increase in stamp duty in next month's budget.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.