The bittersweet fat of the land
Introducing a property tax to raise funds for the exchequer would be fraught with problems for the government
‘In 2010, we will seek up to an additional €1.75 billion from taxation. In 2011, the target will be to raise up to an additional €1.5 billion,” said Minister for Finance Brian Lenihan last Tuesday.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.