Glitz and glamour marked the World Cup draw last Friday, but the people of Brazil have had their pockets picked
Lula was his usual charismatic and convincing self. “The event will have total transparency,’’ said the then president of Brazil. “We are going to put on an unforgettable World Cup. That’s the commitment. You can hold us to it.’’
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive