Government must shape up, and fast
The government has had a dreadful few weeks, lurching from one mess to another.
The government has had a dreadful few weeks, lurching from one mess to another. It was woefully under-prepared for the introduction of the household charge, only waking up to the fact of mass non-cooperation as the clock ticked down towards the payment deadline of March 31.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.