ECB is moving in the right direction
There is no doubt that, under Mario Draghi, the European Central Bank (ECB) has come a long way.
There is no doubt that, under Mario Draghi, the European Central Bank (ECB) has come a long way. Interest rates have fallen, banks have been supplied with new long-term liquidity and there is now a new commitment to buy sovereign bonds of countries in need of assistance, albeit subject to a range of specific conditions. There is no magic bullet to solve this crisis, but Draghi has taken a significant step.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.