Does Obama really want to take on Israel?
The signs are that Barack Obama won’t try to break Israel’s stranglehold on Washington
It is no exaggeration to claim that the eyes of the world will be focused on Washington on Tuesday. The dimensions of the crisis in the US and the world that Barack Obama inherits from George Bush are almost unimaginable. America is broke, is up to its neck in two unwinnable wars and has managed to alienate even its closest friends and allies.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.