Business of Sport
Ewan MacKenna: Suppressing Palestine's ability to play sport is a long-term weapon in Israel's armoury
The chant around the Teddy Stadium goes: ''Ten. Nine. Eight. Seven. Six. Five. Four. Three. Two. One. War! War! War! But they're words turned into actions by some of the fans of Beitar Jerusalem. In 2005, Nigerian player Ibrahim Nadalla left the team because of abuse from his own supporters based around his religion. Former coach Eli Cohen said: ''There's a difference between a Muslim from Europe and a Muslim from Israel.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.