Quotas needed to end gender divide in civil service – report
There are just two women compared with 11 male secretaries general of government departments
Gender quotas should be considered for the civil service, according to the National Women’s Council (NWCI) in response to figures showing men far outnumber women in senior decision-making roles.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive