GPs to slash drug prices by cutting out pharmacies
Doctors seek legal advice on targeting €2.7 billion market; GPs claim there will be ‘skin and hair flying’ with pharmacists
GPs are developing a radical plan that would see doctors dispense medicines directly to patients, cutting pharmacists out of the supply chain.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive