Algorithm can predict students’ drop-out rate
Computer game use and social media activity are driving factors
Time spent playing computer games, maths results in the Leaving Certificate and social media habits can indicate how likely you are to drop out of a computer science degree, according to a new study.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive