US-China trade pact may not rescue markets
Even if Donald Trump closes a deal, which is by no means certain, Fed rates could hamper his hoped-for equities bounce
Donald Trump wants the stock market to celebrate if he strikes a trade deal with China. But investors may struggle to deliver it for him.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.