Trump’s strategic trade crusade could hurt equities
The US president’s economic war with China will hit individual businesses harder than the global economy, writes Tom McCabe
Since Donald Trump’s election in 2016, investors have grown accustomed to him seeing a rally in stock markets as validation for his presidency.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.