Swedish firm Scandi Standard to buy Manor Farm
It will pay around €70 million for the largest chicken processor in the Republic
Swedish chicken food company Scandi Standard has agreed to buy Cavan-based Manor Farm, the largest chicken processor in the Republic and one of the oldest family businesses in Ireland, tracing its origins back to 1775. Here are the key points of the deal:
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.